- 173180 Requisition #
- Dec 22, 2016 Post Date
Lead a cross-functional team that delivers consistent results in product innovation, sales, margin and inventory turn. Drive strategy, innovation and development of a trend right/brand right Omni Channel product assortment for aerie Undies that meets the needs of the aerie customer.
- Establish, drive and execute a strategic Omni product vision and business plan through effective communication and coordination with cross-functional business partners inclusive of design, international merchandising, planning, etc.
- Work closely with Design team to interpret and forecast trends for assigned areas through the aerie customer lens. Develop and assort trend right and brand right product. Drive product innovation.
- Understand (at all times) competition and marketplace inclusive of Brick and Mortar AND Digital competition. Make brand right and informed decisions for assigned departments/categories based upon the competitive landscape/marketplace and the needs of the aerie customer.
- In partnership with the planning team, establish seasonal strategic plans for sales, markdowns, inventory, and growth opportunity. Effectively manage in-season business to maximize topline sales and minimize markdowns. Work in conjunction with planning to manage the Open-to-Buy as far as receipts, sales, margin, markdowns, and Weeks of Supply.
- Analyze performance and plans constantly to look for sales and margin opportunities to exceed plan; quickly adapt and respond to changes/trends occurring in the business and in the marketplace.
- Develop and drive test and react strategy across all channels.
- Effectively and efficiently run business meetings to ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KEY BUSINESS PARTNERS:
- Merchandise & Inventory Planning
- Business Strategies
- Site Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent required.
- 5+ years prior buying experience from a specialty retailer.
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role.
- Ability to manage a cross functional team.
- Assertive and passionate individual will be most successful in this and future roles.
- Keen sense of fashion exhibited through personal taste.
- Understanding of fashion designer labels and how to interpret their seasonal stories/messages for the aerie customer both domestically and internationally.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills to challenge the planning and design sides of the organization.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy (coolness and composure under strain, confidence without arrogance).
- Risk Taker - Carefully considers risk/reward, ready to try new ways of doing things to improve learning.
- Forward Thinking/Innovative – Not satisfied with the status quo, ahead of the times, advanced views, creating something like nothing done or experienced before.
- Persuasive - Able to motivate others through the appropriate use of interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Strategic – Possesses the ability to conceptualize and understand risks facing a business as well as the ability to create a strategy surrounding a specific opportunity. Build creative solutions and plans that meet objectives and maximize impact.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel is required, including the potential for international travel.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer