American Eagle Outfitters - Stock Lead - United States
- 173271 Requisition #
- Jan 04, 2017 Post Date
The Stock Lead is responsible for maximizing the store selling potential by effectively training and supervising Stock and Sales Associates on all merchandise handling processes. The Stock Lead assists the store management team in ensuring the stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) is flawlessly executed and the store achieves brand standards for shipment processing, replenishment, markdowns and merchandising. The Stock Lead is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Stock Lead
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Full or Part Time
SUPERVISES: Stock Associates
- Lead role in training, developing, and coaching Stock and Sales Associates on the merchandise handling skills needed to consistently achieve brand productivity standards for shipment processing, replenishment, markdowns and merchandising.
- Support the store management team in driving flawless execution of the stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure efficient and effective processes in order to maximize productivity and sales.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals to Stock and Sales Associates and hold team and self-accountable for achieving them.
- Provide store management with productivity updates; proactively identify and communicate feedback on Associate performance.
- Champion internal recognition and company contests.
- Lead efficient and effective shipment processing by making sure associates are following processing and placement guidelines and achieving units per hour productivity expectations.
- Coach associates when productivity expectations are not being met, and provide performance feedback upward to management team.
- Collaborate with store management to direct appropriate placement of product on sales floor during weekly shipments and floorsets.
- Understand and adhere to AEO visual standards in order to maximize merchandise presentations when flowing product from the stockroom to the sales floor.
- Partner with store leadership to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed to include Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Communicate merchandising opportunities to store management as identified through replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store: recommend and execute merchandising adjustments in compliance with AEO visual standards.
- Oversee and execute markdowns and re-ticketing in the stockroom and on the sales floor; update store leadership on compliance.
- Perform audit and transfer of damaged and defective merchandise.
- Inform store leadership of shipment and stockroom fixture supply needs.
- Maintain and support safety standards on sales floor and in the stockroom; communicate safety concerns to store leadership.
- Support store and company level strategies to reduce shrink; observe and monitor for signs of shrink and advise management of any unusual internal or external activity.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of stock experience preferred.
- Team leader experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and associates.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks; reach, bend, stoop, etc. to handle products.
- Available to work a flexible schedule to include early morning, late evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
- Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.