American Eagle Outfitters - Merch Lead - United States
- 172172 Requisition #
- Sep 28, 2016 Post Date
The Merchandising Lead is responsible for positively impacting the customer’s experience by supporting the Merchandising DOR in implementing floorsets and Company directed marketing and merchandising updates. The Merchandising Lead assists store leadership in all aspects of replenishment including Fill the Floor, power opens, power closes, and adjustments. The Merchandising Lead is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Merchandising Lead
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Full Time or Part Time
Provide training and coaching to floorset team on floorset process which will include preparing merchandise for upper displays, bustforms, wall bays, wardrobers, and tables.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals for floorset team and hold self and team accountable for achieving them.
- Provide store management with productivity updates; proactively identify and communicate Associate performance issues.
- Oversee and executes floorsets and company directed marketing and merchandising updates.
- Lead efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by ensuring that the store team understands and maintains AEO brand standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the floorset overview.
- Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Perform “level-sets” and make sure that store is replenished by pushing all goods to the floor.
- Recognize and communicate merchandising opportunities to store management in a timely manner; partner with Store Manager and/or Merchandising DOR to develop and execute action plans for resolution
- Champion internal recognition and company contests.
- Hold self and the merchandise team accountable for maintaining a customer focused environment when operating during business hours.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Loss Prevention policies and advises management of any unusual internal or external activity.
- Communicate all employee accidents/injuries to store leadership immediately.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Maintain authority to secure the store at closing
- Will not be responsible for the processing of nightly deposits and media.
Must be at least 18 years of age in order to meet after hours scheduling requirements.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience preferred; team leader experience preferred but not required.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, late evenings, holidays, weekends. Overnight shifts will also be required.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within in a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
- Strong retail merchandising and visual skills preferred
- Ability to stand and move for extended periods of time with only short rest periods; bend, stretch, and carry visual props and merchandise.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”)laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.